Jointly written by Practice Based Evidence & ARW, this resource is of importance to everyone in mental health, social care and learning disability services, including primary care.
The Practice Based Evidence consultancy offers a track record of delivering top class service and team practice development support since October 2001:
The partnerships engaged over this time
Over the years the focus on team developments has focused on a range of initiatives & protocols, as outlined below. The favoured approach is to engage practitioners in the ideas and development from the start, thus gaining more of their ownership of what emerges.
- Continuing building on existing experience developing teams and services in statutory services (health & social care), and voluntary services (housing & support)
- Continuing the preference for offering an in-house resource for organisations
- Areas of special interest and experience:
- Coaching and developing team leaders/managers
- Raising awareness and improving practice in delivering service user-centred care and support
- Developing team approaches and good team-working
- Making ‘recovery’ a reality through the application of a Strengths Approach to all of my work - further details of consultancy services available
- Working with Risk ~ developing policy and practice - further details of consultancy services available
- Implementing good quality risk decision-making through the concept of ‘positive risk-taking’… applicable to all types of teams and services
- Reviewing different aspects of team practice and service policy developments
- Looking to implement DH policy guidance in more flexible and creative service user-centred ways (e.g. CPA and co-ordinating care) through development and training
- Offering an approach to training that is practice focused and service user-centred